Even though the Olympics have wrapped up across the world, they produced some great quotes and pictures – this one inspired an entire retro and the creation of a new way to Gather Info!
Here is the Olympic themed retro
- Look at the value of focus
- Identify and gather feedback
- Create action items
- Focus ON – awesome Olympic quotes on the power of Focus. We discussed them and I asked if people agreed or disagreed, if people thought it took focus to become an Olympic athlete, and what are the benefits of focus.
- Energizer – Olympic Team Charades – to get everyone in the competitive spirit we broke into two teams and played charades. The learning points were; listening, creativity, focus, teamwork, and competition, plus laughter of course 🙂
- Gathering Data – Olympic Retro
- Trophy = success, things that are working great – keep it up!
- Medal = things, people, processes that are working but need improvement.
- Stink eye (use the pic of Michael Phelps giving the stink eye) = things that are not working BUT improvement is possible
- Foot in boot kicking = things that need to be disqualified, stop doing them
5. Analyze and Create SMART Action Items
6. Close-Out – Story cube question? “If this sprint had been an Olympic competition it would have been…..
Summary: The team enjoyed the current event connection in the retro, the actual Gathering Info section worked well and I’ll definitely use it again. The addition of a game was also helpful to get everyone in the right frame of mind for the Gathering Info section.